Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pope Benedict XVI

Cardinal Josef Ratzinger is now Pope Benedict XVI. My heart was in a knot hoping it was him when I saw the light grey cloud issuing forth from the Vatican on TV. When the announcement came, I knew the Holy Spirit had worked.

The man came out and gave his very brief acceptance speech. He just looks like the Pope doesn't he?

I admit it, I'm a sucker for men who don't compromise. I like his compassionate but stern character. I remember reading his stuff in undergrad when I was in my Catholic investigation phase. It's about time Rome had a top notch theologian in the office who could rule with an iron fist. I think he'll preside over a growth in overall Church size and a slight shrinking in nominal membership in inductrialized nations ("big loss").

Josef, my Bavarian brother, this one goes out to you. Hit it boyz...

God grant you many years, God grant you many years, Gooo-oood graa-aant yoo-uuu many many, many years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home